The Army Emergency Relief Education Program
2013-2014 (classes beginning August 1st, 2013) YEAR PROGRAM:
Army Emergency Relief maintains two scholarship programs – the Spouse Education Assistance Program and the MG James Ursano Scholarship Program for dependent children. Both scholarships provide financial assistance for students who are pursuing their first undergraduate degree.
The average award for the 2012-2013 academic year was $2,500 with a maximum award of $4,500. The scholarship amount varies each year based on the number of applicants in each program and the budget amount allotted to the scholarship programs.
The deadline for receipt of scholarship applications and all required documents was 3pm EDT on May 1, 2013. Late applications cannot be accepted.
If you think you may be eligible this is what you need to do during the next application period which begins December 1, 2013:
- Complete an online application for academic year 2014-2015. Applications will be available after December 1, 2013 and are due by April 2, 2014.
- Supporting documents such as transcripts, DD Form 214 (if applicable), Army Casualty Report (if applicable) and federal active duty Title 10 Orders (if applicable) are due to Army Emergency Relief by April 2, 2014.
- You must submit a 2014-2015 FAFSA application at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Start this process at the beginning of the calendar year 2014, not sooner.
- Provide a complete 2014-2015 Student Aid Report (SAR) by May 1, 2014.
- Email all supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please feel free to contact AER, toll free 1-866-878-6378 if you have any questions.
- Spouse Program Description and Instructions
- Children Program Description and Instructions
- AER Scholarships
If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Diann Evans at 1-866-878-6378 or email@example.com.