The Army Emergency Relief Education Program
2012-2013 (classes beginning August 1st, 2012) YEAR PROGRAM:
Army Emergency Relief currently has two spouse scholarship programs, the Overseas Spouse Education Assistance Program and the Stateside Spouse Education Assistance Program. In order to offer more educational opportunities to Army Spouses, both programs will be consolidated into one Spouse Program, beginning December 1, 2011.
What will change:
- All spouses will be allowed to attend school part-time or full-time.
- Part-time students must take a minimum of 6 credit hours per semester.
- Full-time students must take a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester.
- Scholarship eligibility for part-time students will be 8 years.
- Scholarship eligibility for full-time students will be 4 years.
- Scholarship funding will be for the fall and spring semesters only. No Summer Semester funds.
- The application process for Overseas spouses will change as outlined below.
What will not change:
- For Stateside Spouses, the application process continues as normal.
- For Overseas Spouses, the OSEAP application and the renewal process for academic year 2011-2012 will continue as normal through term 5 (May 7, 2012).
If you are an Overseas Spouse, this is what you need to do during the next application period which begins December 1, 2011:
- Complete an online application for academic year 2012-2013. Applications will be available after December 1, 2011 and are due by April 2, 2012.
- Supporting documents such as transcripts, DD Form 214 (if applicable), Army Casualty Report (if applicable) and federal active duty Title 10 Orders (if applicable) are due to Army Emergency Relief by April 2, 2012.
- You must submit a 2012-2013 FAFSA application at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Start this process at the beginning of the calendar year 2012, not sooner.
- Provide a complete 2012-2013 Student Aid Report (SAR) by May 1, 2012.
- Email all supporting documents to Spouse@aerhq.org.
Please feel free to contact AER, toll free 1-866-878-6378 if you have any questions.
If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Diann Evans at 1-866-878-6378 or email@example.com.