- 15 November 2013
Central Texas College named to the list of Best Colleges for Veterans
- Central Texas College (CTC) was once again named to the list of Best Colleges for Veterans based on a survey conducted by the Military Times. CTC was ranked as the seventh “Best for Vets: Colleges 2014” in the category of online and nontraditional schools. The selection was based on the primary criteria of academic accreditation, whether the school has a central veterans’ office and staff knowledge on veterans’ issues.
And for the first time, Military Times placed a new emphasis on academic rigor this year when conducting and scoring its fourth annual Best for Vets: Colleges survey. In addition to evaluating schools’ veteran-focused programs, Military Times considered more than a dozen different measures of academic success, quality and rigor, as reported by schools themselves and the Education Department, in addition to evaluating in developing the rankings.
- 12 November 2013
Statement on New HQ at Kindsbach, Germany and Presentation
- It is a great pleasure to introduce to you our new Headquarters building here in Kindsbach. Due to the closure of Coleman Barracks in Mannheim, our former Headquarters for many years, we were forced to relocate to Kindsbach near Kaiserslautern.
This is a significant milestone. Since our inception, we have made a commitment to our students, customers, and community to bring to them the best quality in education and related business practices, to promote policies of equal access and equal opportunity in employment, admissions, educational programs and all other college activities.
Central Texas College Europe successfully demonstrated compliance to the highest standards, with a strong intent to help students to succeed and maximize the benefits of a comprehensive array of the offered degrees. Learn More
Download a presentation about our new Kindsbach Headquarters.
- 07 November 2013
Developmental Studies News
- Complete an entire sequence or developmental classes in one semester! Check out the NCBO courses offered by CTC for developmental math, reading and writing. http://www.ctcd.edu/devstudies/devstudies.htm.
- 07 November 2013
CTC celebrates National Distance Learning Week
- Central Texas College (CTC) will commemorate National Distance Learning Week, November 12-15, with a variety of online activities to engage students and potential online users. During the week, a series of events will be held on the CTC Distance Education website, http://www.online.ctcd.edu to celebrate distance learning and educate the general public on the future of learning. The public is invited to learn how distance education can help achieve educational goals and become familiar with the services available to the CTC distant learner.
For students and the public, CTC will host online scavenger hunts and trivia challenges for prizes. Various educational departments will host webinars and there will be a workshop on how to succeed in online courses. CTC will also host a Blackboard Collaborate orientation for students to teach them the ins and outs of the new online classroom and meeting software to be used by CTC in the coming spring semester.
CTC faculty members will also be treated to scavenger hunts and trivia games as well as workshops and webinars. Webinars will feature the chief executive officer and president of BioSig, CTC’s new student identity proofing vendor for proctored tests, the Blackboard Collaborate, student engagement in online classes, discussion boards, blogs and wikis and trends in education.
More activities for both students and faculty will be offered during the week. For times of events and more information, visit http://www.online.ctcd.edu during the week of November 12-15.
- 17 October 2013
Tuition Assistance Reinstated
- Tuition Assistance for the Army has been reinstated. Classes with a start date of October 17, 2013, or after will be honored by Army Education. Soldiers with approved TA requests for classes with a start date on or after October 17 may attend their classes. Learn More about Finicial Aid at CTC.
- 17 October 2013
MyCAA Funding is Available
- The MyCAA portal will be temporarily modified to allow financial assistance documents to be submitted one day before the class start date versus the normal 15 days before the course start date. Any financial assistance documents that have been previously submitted and have not been disapproved are being processed now. If a FA was disapproved it will need to be resubmitted. MyCAA cannot pay for any classes that do not have an approved FA and backdating of FA's is prohibited. Please check your MyCAA messages for the status of your requests. Learn More about MyCAA.
- 16 October 2013
Self-serve tool now open on WebAdvisor
- CTC recently announced a new WebAdvisor tool to help students avoid standing in line at the Business Office for schedule copies or paying for classes. The new Student Finance Self-Service option is located in the “View Account and Make A Payment” link. As an added enhancement, the View Account screens are now much more robust and include all the information frequently requested and expected by students. Financial aid, Tuition Assistance and refund information can now be displayed along with charges per class and payment information.
- October 2013
New CTC Surveys and Contests
- Become the new Face of CTC
CTC is looking for its next student celebrity to be a part of the next round of ads and promotionals. Take the online survey for your chance to be chosen. All local CTC students and alumni are eligible. Go to http://survey.constantcontact.com/survey/a07e8b5zknxhmhph7a4/start to take the survey.
CTC Media Use Survey
Do you Tweet, Yelp, Digg, Flick, or Tumble? Do you use Facebook. We want to hear from you. Win a $150 Amazon gift card for taking our media preferences survey! Participation in this survey will help CTC with its future planning. You will be asked questions about how you use media and spend your time. Go to: www.interactresearch.com/mp140/
- July 2013
New CTC Internation Catalog is now available
- The Central Texas College 2013-2014 Continental and International Campuses Catalog has been released. This contains all the updated degree programs and course descriptions. To download your own copy Click Here.
- 14 June 2013
CTC Europe Graduation In Mannheim June 14th
Central Texas College graduates at the college’s annual commencement ceremony held June 21st on Coleman Barracks, Mannheim. The ceremony, held at the historic Chapel on Coleman Barracks, was the last one the college will hold in the Mannheim area due a move this summer to the Kaiserslautern area, according to Dean Gary Kindred. Guest speaker Anthony R. Williams, CWO3, Ret., U.S. Army, and senior CTC faculty member, remarked to the graduates, who travelled to the ceremony from sites all over Germany, “Whenever two humans interact there will be a mutual exchange; make them positive, and change the world."
To see Photos of the Graduation Click Here
- 28 May 2013
- CTC graduates and their Field Representative at the joint graduation ceremony held recently at Kandahar Airfield, Afghanistan
Fifteen service members from throughout Regional Command-South received their associate degrees from Central Texas College in a ceremony held at Kandahar Airfield, Afghanistan, May 28, 2013. The CTC grads took part in a joint commencement ceremony which included 55 graduates of 14 colleges and universities. Several of the graduates flew in from outlying forward operating bases for the ceremony. Guest speakers included Brig. Gen. Scottie D. Carpenter, commander of the 311th Sustainment command (Expeditionary), who noted that it was appropriate the ceremony was held following Memorial Day weekend because the graduates sacrificed so mucy to earn their degrees while deployed under hostile conditions. The graduation was the seond to be held at Kandahar Airfield. A similar ceremony was held last year with 30 graduates.
For more on the ceremony, click on http://www.dvidshub.net/news/107718/graduates-receive-degrees-afghanistan-ceremony#.UaaAp-vgI1g#ixzz2UiuYrOPX.
- May 2013
CTC Graduation in June
CTC Europe Campus will hold their annual commencement ceremony at the Chapel on Coleman Barracks on Friday, June 21st at 11:00 a.m. All recent graduates and certificate receivers are invited to walk in the ceremony, which will feature a guest speaker, music and a reception afterward. This will be the last ceremony to be held on Coleman Barracks, as the college headquarters is moving to the Kaiserslautern area this summer. All interested recent grads, if they have not been invited already, should contact their field representitive or email the graduation coordinator at email@example.com.
In addition to the event at Coleman Barracks, CTC holds graduation recognition ceremonies at bases throughout Europe and in deployed areas. Contact your field representative for more information.
- May 2013
The Eagle has Landed
The mascot election is over and by a beak, CTC is the CTC Eagles!!!
It was a very close race and CTC thanks everyone who voted. Look for more info about the CTC eagle before the fall semester. Go CTC Eagles!!
Find out more about the mascot competition, and about what’s going on at CTC home campus and throughout the world, at https://www.facebook.com/#!/CentralTexasCollegeCTC?fref=ts
- April 2013
Senior NCO and Officer Panel in Kuwait.
CPT Samuel Arnett, CTC instructor in Kuwait, recently invited 8 senior leaders (officers and NCOs) to his Applied Management/Military Science class to discuss issues pertaining to Army Professionalism and Responsibility. The panel discussion was part of the course MTMS 1274, and allowed students to see and hear how senior Army leaders communicate and feel about important issues that impact the Army, as well as to gain insight and advice on being successful as a professional and how to conduct business.
Panel members and students were given the following topics for discussion:
- Success in the military profession:
- NCO/officer relationships:
- Where the Army is heading, where it's been (in your opinion):
- EO, SHARP, DADT Repeal, etc:
Students observed the discussion, took notes, and then had the chance to ask the members of the panel some follow up questions at the end of the event. Following the evening, students wrote a 1,500 essay on the discussion and what they learned from the forum.
- January 10, 2013
CTC selected as a top military-friendly schoolFor the sixth consecutive year, Central Texas College (CTC) was named to the list of military-friendly schools compiled recently by Military Advanced Education magazine. In its 2013 Guide to Military-Friendly Colleges and Universities, Military Advanced Education compared more than 300 institutions including private, public, for-profit, not-for-profit, four-year and two-year colleges. See to https://centraltexascollege.wordpress.com/2013/01/10/ctc-selected-as-a-top-military-friendly-school/ to learn more.
- November 5-9, 2012
National Distance Learning WeekCentral Texas is celebrating National Distance Learning Week November 5-9, with a variety of events and informational seminars designed to help students succeed at distance education. The following link provides some good studying tips for students. See to http://online.ctcd.edu/ndlw/virtual_student.cfm to learn more.