Librarian Contact Information
|Lindsay Bibus||DSN: 382-4263
CTC Europe Campus Studentsí Guide to the CTC Oveta Culp Hobby Library
Need to find reference works? Write a paper? Looking for a specific book or periodical for your courses?
Currently enrolled students of Central Texas College Europe Campus are provided access to many valuable library resources through Central Texas Collegeís Oveta Culp Hobby Library. Simply click on the Library link on the left side of the Central Texas College website at www.ctcd.edu.
If you are currently enrolled in a CTC course, or if you are an approved faculty member or staff member, follow the instructions for logging in using your birth date and social security number. You will be able to use the collegeís extensive online databases found on the link Online Databases which includes journal articles newspaper articles and full-text books. Full-text books are available at Online Databases under ebrary and netlibrary.
Only current CTC students and employees can logon to the databases from an off-campus computer. Once logged on, another password is not needed to access the individual databases. Because the online databases are secure sites that require a password for access, logging on from an off-campus computer isnít as simple as accessing the Internet.
Reasons for logon problems include:
- The studentís course schedule hasnít been entered on Datatel (the course end-date determines status as a "current" student); the student's course has ended; the student was enrolled in the past or plans to enroll in the future, but isn't enrolled at the present.
- The userís computer is behind a firewall; a server is down; the user's computer isn't set to access the databases; the user needs to clear the temporary files, cookies, history, etc. from their computer.
- The user didn't carefully follow the directions for entering their username/password.
Students are encouraged to try to logon to the databases early in the course so they can resolve problems before papers are due. If you do have problems
- Read the troubleshooting information at ctcd.edu/library/pg-lib21.htm and www.ctcd.edu/library/pg-lib9.htm.
- Call the library at (254)526-1237
- Ask the online reference librarian at OReference@ctcd for help. Within copyright guidelines, they may be able to email, FAX or mail information to students and employees.
- Go to the Online Books Page Site with more than 25,000 free, full-text books.
- Go to http://www.findarticles.com Ė an Internet site with some free articles from academic journals.
Students should be aware that articles found by simply surfing the Internet using a search engine are not the same as articles available from the library's online databases. Online databases contain scholarly articles from academic journals, and are considered highly suitable reference works for college papers.
Books by Mail
In addition to providing full-text books electronically at ebrary and netlibrary, Central Texas College Library will mail printed books and material from the library's collection. Students can find out more about how to find and order books the college owns at the link Books by Mail on the library homepage.